Psalm 23:4 - Pit Bull Translation

"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil:
for I am the baddest dog in the valley"

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Cookie Saga..The Good...The Bad and the hungry

I've had the cookies for 27 hours now. Last night I picked them up. My scheduled time was 5:10 PM. I was ready to do battle to get my cookies. I was scheduled for Lane 1. Being assigned a lane just upped my anxiety about the pickup. I was given a list of things to be aware of for the pickup. Don't be late (for me that's a tough one); have your car ready so they can just put the boxes in; make sure none of the boxes are damaged; make sure you get the correct number of boxes; if you miss your spot you have to wait on the side until they can get back to you; not good when you have to leave for work 1/2 hour after pickup; have your T7 form ready. I show up 5 mins. early. My car is ready to go, thank you Engineer. Paperwork at the ready I pull up and am the only one there for pickup, so much for lane anxiety. I get out of my car and the paperwork guy (couldn't miss him, he was the one with the clipboards and pens) says, "Troop number?". I answer and the next thing I know I'm swarmed by eight men with boxes of cookies (doesn't that sound wonderful when it's written like that). I want to check the boxes so I make them only put the cookies in one type at a time. Considering that it was about 11 degrees out they were pretty amicable and cooperative. Within five minutes the car is loaded, papers are signed and I'm on my way. Holy crap that was quick.

I head to work, my car full of cookies. The other cookie mom is going to meet me at work and we are going to get the cases repacked so when we start giving them out I can just hand them the cases and they sign and go. Fortunately I work in EMS. So I have the type of job where I sit around waiting for something bad to happen to someone. Some people say EMS stands for Earn Money Sleeping. If you have a quiet night that pretty much sums it up. Of course many nights I walk in the door, we take our first run and go all night long. Last night the EMS gods were kind and we were able to get all our cookies arraigned the way we wanted them and packed back in the car for delivery before we had our first run. One of the moms showed up to pick up her share of cookies and said the "Q" word before she left... Very bad, never, ever say "I hope you have a "quiet" night." We never say the "Q" word, even if you don't believe in that silly stuff you just don't do it.

So this morning I meet a couple of parents in the parking lot of a large store so they can pick up their cookies. We joke about making a "deal" in the parking lot and wonder what the security cameras are picking up. It goes smooth as glass, well except for my pen freezing, and I'm on my way home.

The Engineer helps me bring all the boxes in and my dining room has a new job. A couple of parents show up to pick up their cookies. Cauldron mom wants more than her allotted cookies so I give her more, she whines about not having as many Thin Mints as she wanted, oh well life's a bitch. I remind her to make sure to get her reorder info in so she can have as many Thin Mints as her heart desires and she's on her way.

Later I take a nap (there was only about an hour of earn money sleeping and I was tired) and woke up with a craving for Peanut Butter Sandwich cookies. I could hear them whispering in my ear. I hope this is just a passing phase since I haven't had them in a year. If not this is going to be a long three months. Sadly there is an entire case of those suckers just sitting there whispering my name. I hear them now.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.