Psalm 23:4 - Pit Bull Translation

"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil:
for I am the baddest dog in the valley"

Monday, January 18, 2010

Trolling for Input

I just started this blog not long ago. Though as some friends can attest I've been beating this around for a long time. The one thing I decided to make it was real. I'd try really hard not to smudge the truth, no matter how ugly it seems. So far that's been easy, wait till I get to the fun stuff. The other part is I'm not going to mess with is the comments unless they are obviously SPAM. I love comments. Of course it's an ego pat to know someone is reading but mostly I love hearing other peoples opinions. It makes for a great start to a conversation, an art that has really been lost over the last decade or two. Plus, it might help give me ideas for future things to write about, helping alleviate my greatest fear which is running out of things to say. I love to talk, I'm practicing my listening skills, which sadly are not as good as I'd like but I'm working on them. I can be stubborn when it comes to my opinion. So by commenting you help me sometimes see things from another point of view. So I promise that unless you're a spammer or you attack someone personally you're comments will go untouched and will be appreciated.

2 comments:

  1. For some inexplicable reason, my mind flashes to the Geico commercial, the one where the car whacks the pothole. "Oh, look! You've started a blog and junk. Did I do that?"

    Lately, I've barely had time to read everyone's posts let alone write one myself. My latest sat for weeks in my drafts folder waiting for me to finish it. It could've gone on for quite a while, but I just slapped it up there because I knew it would never see daylight otherwise.

    I suspect you won't be "written out" for quite a long while. You've always had an ability to find the humor or the irony in things, making something as simple as a trip to the grocery store sound interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mind flashes to that commercial because you did do that :-)

    You have been nothing but encouraging on my venture here and I really really appreciate it. I know you don't have a moments extra time and that makes me appreciate you reading and commenting even more.

    I've given up sleep to write some of these but I have really enjoyed doing it.

    I will continue to check your blog every day. I have always admired your writing skills and look forward to the new posts.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.