Psalm 23:4 - Pit Bull Translation

"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil:
for I am the baddest dog in the valley"

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Can we handle the truth?

I'm sure everyone has heard about this: The recently released book "Game Change" reports that Sen. Harry Reid said,
"America would vote for Barack Obama because he was a "light-skinned" African-American "with no Negro dialect, unless he wanted to have one."
I know I'm a little late jumping in with this. It was harped on ad nauseum by the media until the earthquake. But I wanted to bring it up as a perfect example of how the politically correct (as long as it suits their needs) make this into a so called "scandal". Read the quote, tell me, honestly, is there anything in it that is not the truth. In fact, I would applaud Senator Reid for his honesty if he didn't immediately wimp out and beg forgiveness when the PC crowd got their panties in an uproar. Then the sides divided, with the left poo pooing it and the right screaming double standard and the media fanning the flames with their only concern being their ratings.

Are we as a nation stupid? Do we think for ourselves? Are people that afraid to speak the truth, then stand behind what they say afterwards?

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe this story lasted as long as it did in the media, either. Even with the ongoing tragedy in Haiti, it's still generating interviews on Fox.

    Are we, as a nation, stupid? I'm starting to think that we are, and not just for the Reid uproar. Either we're stupid or our representatives are. Maybe both since we voted them in.

    It started decades ago when we gave away our industrial technology in the name of supporting growing nations, wrongly assuming that they'd follow the same fair-labor practices we developed here. As such, we've put ourselves out of business to the point where we can't even man a tech-support call center without outsourcing to foreign countries, all in the name of saving an almightly shrinking buck.

    A country that can't make things for itself places its well being at the mercy of its neighbors. The United States, in my view, is in deep trouble. We can, at least, still feed ourselves, but how long will that last as farm after farm goes bankrupt and gets plowed under to grow big houses our people can't afford to buy?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.