Psalm 23:4 - Pit Bull Translation

"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil:
for I am the baddest dog in the valley"

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Random Musings....ADHD cont....

This is in response to the comment that Just Me left to my last post.

I don't take vitamins anymore but you know what maybe I should. I didn't even think that this could be left over from being sick. I'm almost positive we've all had swine flu. I'm not going to bother being tested for it but we fit the symptoms to a tee. Maybe I just can't seem to shake the tail end of it. I haven't been eating well either since I'm not planning meals well either.

I felt a little better after I typed this, it's the cheapest therapy I've ever had.

I usually get a little "winter blues" in February, just because I've had enough of the winter but this is feeling so much crappier and earlier than in the past I didn't really accredit it to that either. Being stuck in the house day after day, week after week is enough to make me a little crazy too.

Last night I laid a lot of what's been going around in my head on The Engineer, that helped.

Okay, now don't laugh, but I have been really feeling bad for Conan O'Brien for what happened to him on The Tonight Show. I didn't think he was great, some nights he was funny and some nights he missed it but he got screwed. I watched his last show last night and he was so gracious, after he used up a bunch of NBC jokes. :-) The last five minutes (before an awesome rendition of Free Bird with Will Farrell that cracked me up) were very heart felt and not the typical Hollywood response. I felt like he will be back and will be just fine, probably even better than if he would have stayed on The Tonight Show. Which made me happy. He's a very gracious man, made me feel even better about liking him as a comic. I don't think I could have handled it as well as he did.

Monday the kids start a theater class. They've done it before and they love it. The Scientist is finally feeling better. The Vet's stitches come out Tuesday and we will be able to tell at that point if there is any damage to her knee beyond the gash, like cartilage issues. I'm going to go out today and buy a bottle of vitamins and start taking them.

I put in a request for snow. Six to eight inches (although I'll take more). G-d's pretty busy but maybe if he's got a moment he could pass that message on to Mother Nature. :-)

When I look out the window right now our chickens are walking around the front yard. Happy, healthy and just enjoying the sunshine (and all the bugs and worms to eat). I haven't taken a tick off a dog or kid since we got them. Flapping their wings, fluffing their tails and preening their feathers. When we got them I really didn't want them. Just something else to take care of, yeah I know it's the kids responsibility but anyone with kids knows that it's lip service, even if your lucky enough that they do care for them you still have to be the one to follow up on that to make sure it's happening and that can be a slippery slope into non stop nagging. Not that I haven't threatened to give the birds away and sell the coop a couple of times. I hope it doesn't happen because those silly birds have really grown on me. They are relaxing to watch wander around the yard, or making dirt nests under the evergreens. Or taking their powder showers, which really helps keep them clean but makes them look like dusty messes. And their eggs, oh my. I was never really an egg fan. Thought the whites were gross. Rarely ate them and then only the yolk. The fresh eggs from these chickens are out of this world. They are rich and flavorful. The whites are tender. I love them and they are lower in fat and cholesterol than factory farmed eggs.

I need to start taking some pictures to post. I think it makes blogs so much more interesting with pictures.

This started out at a reply to a comment but as usual I had so much to say I just made a post out of it. Thanks for listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.