Psalm 23:4 - Pit Bull Translation

"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil:
for I am the baddest dog in the valley"

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

It's Over

Today at 12:30 we met with our cookie service manager, turned in our paper work and the incentive awards to her and just like that it's over. After almost 8 weeks of thinking about nothing but cookies I need to find another way to fill my time. You know, like helping my daughter with her spelling or the bane of her existence, long division. Or helping my son with his reading and maybe help him study his Hebrew letters. Or maybe even come home when I'm supposed to instead of meeting parents to deliver cookies and collect money. Maybe spend some time practicing for my next belt test in karate instead of going to the cookie warehouse or the cookie cupboard. Maybe even read a book. Now there's a concept.

Well, all the hard work paid off. It looks like our troop was the highest selling troop in our service unit. The girls really stepped up to the plate, they should be very proud of themselves. The other Cookie Mom and I are very proud of ourselves. We've been told several times that a Cookie Mom makes or breaks a cookie sale. We feel good.

Of course, no good story comes to an end quietly and without drama... This one was no different.

2 comments:

  1. My first vote is for reading a book, and Stephen King's "Under the Dome" is patiently sitting on my bookshelf waiting for another set of eyes if you haven't read it already.

    Do they even teach long division any more?

    Speaking of Karate, how is your toe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read it, I'm waiting to lay my eyes upon your copy. Note: you lay an object and lie yourself so what is the correct one if you are are refering to a part of yourself. See this crap is why I could never be the grammar police.

    I don't know if they still teach it. I can tell you I wish I didn't. Nobody likes it anymore now than they did 30 years ago.

    The toe is healing. It's still very tender but I can at least put my sneaker on now.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.