Psalm 23:4 - Pit Bull Translation

"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil:
for I am the baddest dog in the valley"

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Prayers for my Puppies


Please keep my fur kids in your thoughts and prayers. Both of them are having some health problems right now. We thought they had urinary tract infections but the urinalysis came back showing Malka had a +3 protein in her urine and Mickey had a +2 bilirubin.A +3 protein means there is a problem with kidney function. It should be zero. A +2 bilirubin could indicate a problem with liver function. The number should be a negative number.
Later today both will be having follow up blood work.
Both are asymptomatic at this time for kidney or liver problems and the vet said not to worry because urinalysis isn't the most accurate way to test bilirubin and Malka had a recent UTI that may of caused some infection to travel to her kidneys. She will continue on antibiotics for now until we get a more accurate picture.
I'm trying not to worry. It's not working.

3 comments:

  1. I'll certainly say a few prayers for your furbabies. I think every pet owner would worry right along with you.

    It's odd/interesting that this cropped up at the same time for both of them.

    I know I don't have to say it, but I'm here for whatever you think I can do. Please let me know how the bloodwork goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! I will pray for your furbabies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes indeedy. There will be prayers from over here as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.