Psalm 23:4 - Pit Bull Translation

"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil:
for I am the baddest dog in the valley"

Friday, March 12, 2010

Under the snow

After a string of warm days our wonderland of white has melted away. Leaving in it's place a muddy wasteland.

Many treasures were found once the snow was gone. My husband's knitted hat, my gloves, an egg cleverly hidden by our chickens, a couple of baseballs and a softball. Several of our snowstorms were nor-easters so there are plenty of small tree limbs and branches scattered about too.

Our yard went from a white beautiful wonderland to a cluttered wreck.

But by far the most abundant item out there is piles and piles of dog poop. There is no scooping of poop during snowy times. As they go it is often quickly buried by another layer of snow. Or the warm mass sinks down into the layers.

Our three month reprieve from yard work is over. Break out the rakes, rototiller, shovels, lawn and leaf bags and the pooper scooper, of course. We're also going to need some weed and feed to help repair this pathetic excuse for a lawn.

It's going to be a lot of work this year because of the added repair needed from the pool installation but we have a great yard and I can't wait to enjoy it and share it with our friends.

1 comment:

  1. Oooooh, I hear ya on the poop. I did our lawn last week, and I can't believe how much I picked up in its varying degrees of decomp.

    *gurk!*

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.