Psalm 23:4 - Pit Bull Translation

"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil:
for I am the baddest dog in the valley"

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Conjecture, Lies and Speculation

Now that the truth is filtering through....

Once again it is obvious that the news media doesn't care about facts. One article I read said the medic was possibly stabbed. Another said he appeared to be beaten. Some said there didn't appear to be a weapon involved (well they guessed that one right). Others at least used the word speculation during their endless conjecture as to what happened.

One article even went so far as to say the subject who killed the medic was mentally ill and would be tried for the murder but would probably spend the rest of his life in a mental institution not prison. I expect this crap from the rag mags at the grocery store not a major news outlet.

So let's get this straight. At least this is what I know so far. The paramedic chased after the patient when he ran away. While running he suffered a massive heart attack. He fell to the ground and sustained a head injury. There was no physical contact between the medic and the patient.

I'm jaded so I don't really expect them to get it right, but I'd hope they would at least try to pretend that the truth is important.

2 comments:

  1. Well, thank you for setting ME straight. My misinformation came from a well-known publication in your field. I thought they would have had their facts straight.

    While the loss is no less tragic for his family, friends, and EMS, I'm thankful that it wasn't at the hands of another.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Facts, now there's that pesky word again. Trips them up every time.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.