Psalm 23:4 - Pit Bull Translation

"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil:
for I am the baddest dog in the valley"

Saturday, May 1, 2010

The Incredible Edible Egg


I wanted to share this with everyone. Both eggs were laid by our chickens. Both are full sized normal laying chickens. Okay, end of disclaimer.
Isn't that egg on the left huge. Holy mackerel you should have seen the size of the egg. We probably should have taken a picture of the egg before we cracked it open next to one of our regular eggs. It was even bigger than a jumbo store bought egg. When I first saw it all I could think about was the poor chicken laid that without an epidural. I expected to see two yolks (an uncommon but not unheard of event).
Moments after this picture was taken it was slid into a sizzling frying pan. Ten minutes later it made it's last journey in a recognizable state.
It was delicious.

1 comment:

  1. I wonder what an egg like that would do to a recipe. Do you think there's enough volume there to throw off a yellow cake? (But oooooh, what richness!)

    I'm often amazed at how inconsistenly sized some eggs are. I usually buy large eggs, and their sizes vary considerably. Sometimes the differences are so drastic it makes me wonder whether someone was swapping the mediums for larges to save ten cents on the dozen.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.