Psalm 23:4 - Pit Bull Translation

"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil:
for I am the baddest dog in the valley"

Friday, April 16, 2010

One step closer....

The concrete guy finished the work around the pool today. All the fill dirt has been spread around and rough graded and as soon as we get a stretch of dry weather top soil will follow. We have an order in for sod to go directly around the pool and we'll seed the rest.

May 1st is the big day. The day The Engineer has waited for 21 years to come. The pool installers will be returning to clean it up and fire up the works.

The water will be cold but that's not going to stop him or the kids from jumping in. I'll be watching from the sidelines. I love to swim but I'll give it a little more time to warm up, thank you.

For me the final step will be teaching a couple of blocks of muscle how to swim. I don't care if they go in the pool or not but Mickey and Malka are going to need to know how to swim and climb out if they fall in.

I'm not worried about the kids they are all good swimmers but the dogs, now that keeps me up at night. If they don't catch on quick I'll have to invest in life jackets for them until they get the hang of it.

When I was a kid my cousin had a big in ground pool with a diving board. They taught their dog how to jump off the board and catch balls mid-air. Malka isn't going to go for that, she's above that type of silliness. But oh Mickey boy....that is right up that crazy boys alley.

I can't wait.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, wow! The Engineer is probably so excited he can't sleep.

    I can totally see Mickey catching balls as he jumps in.

    On an interesting pitt bull note, a young woman was being walked by her dog past my in-laws' house. My FIL was catching a smoke under their tree, so Nibs and I were keeping him company. One look at the dog's "smile" and I didn't have to ask the question, but my FIL did.

    "What kind of dog is he?"

    "He's an American Terrier."

    It really is a shame that such a nice dog had to go by a pseudonym just to be socially acceptable.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.