Psalm 23:4 - Pit Bull Translation

"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil:
for I am the baddest dog in the valley"

Thursday, April 22, 2010

I'm off today!

I only get one a year and today is the day. It's take your child to work day. All three kids were up at 5AM and left for work with The Engineer at 6AM. After work they will all go out to dinner together and won't be home until about 7:30 or so.

When they get home they will all collapse with exhaustion and for a period of time will appreciate how hard their father works.

I don't know who came up with the idea of Take Your Child to Work Day (I think it started as take your daughter to work but the politically correct police fixed that) but I'd like to shake their hand. Not just for my day off but because it gives kids a chance to see that parents aren't just hanging out to collect a paycheck.

My husband's employer is terrific when it comes to this day. They have a whole program set up so the kids really get to see how things work there, not just spend the day looking over their Dad's shoulder at something they don't understand. Of course that is built into the day too but when they come home they really have gotten to see how it all works and comes together.

I love Take Your Child to Work Day!

2 comments:

  1. I wish The Oracle's office allowed it, but it isn't a kid-friendly atmosphere.

    And I've only had one deposition in the last five or six weeks. I couldn't take a kid to work if I wanted to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it wasn't for The Engineers employer's willingness to have employees basically accomplish nothing that day it would be a long boring day for the kids. But they see it as a way to encourage the next generation to investigate engineering and related fields as a course of study. So they really show them a lot of how things work and on a smaller kid friendly scale.
    They also love college and high school co op kids. They have a big program for them too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.