Psalm 23:4 - Pit Bull Translation

"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil:
for I am the baddest dog in the valley"

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Let it snow, Let it snow, Let it snow!!

Total snow fall at our house is 20 inches. It's laying on top of the 10 inches we got last weekend. Fortunately snow packs down or we wouldn't be able to get out the door.

We've been loving the snow. The dogs and chickens, not so much. The Engineer busted his hiney today even with a snow blower clearing the walkways and driveway. While the kids were busy digging the chicken coop out. The chickens refuse to leave the coop and walk on the snow, babies or should I say "chickens". That doesn't translate well to type, forgive me.

I need to pick up more Girl Scout cookies and the restock warehouse has been closed for two days. I hope its open tomorrow or we are going to have a cookie crisis in this troop.

Tonight I saw a group of about ten teenagers having a giant snowball fight. It was fun to watch them having such a good time. The best part was when I pulled up next to them and parked they didn't turn on my car and pelt it with snow balls. Slight restoration of my faith in teenagers.

This is our first big snowfall since we moved here and I can tell you that the road crew isn't as into getting the roads as clean and dry as where we used to live. It looks beautiful but two days after the bulk of the snow fell the roads are still snow covered.

Poor Mickey was so cold this morning he went to the potty about 1 foot from the front door. Malka is much more adventurous; she hopped like a bunny to get to her favorite spot by a tree to potty.

Why is it when it snows and the public schools are closed everyone feels the need, no more than feels the need, they are drawn to the question like a bug to a light, compelled to ask if my kids get a snow day? Not usually. Why should they? We homeschool, we aren't stuck inside for hours on end doing school work. We spend about 2-3 hours a day on school work then we have the rest of the day to do what we want, including all the fun (and not so fun) things that a good snow fall brings. Besides if we are going to take a whole day off and blow it doing nothing even remotely school related it's going to be in the spring when the sprouting buds and warm breezes are calling to us. So if you don't ask me if we take snow days I won't ask you if you take spring fever days. Cause sometimes we do both :-)

Here's a few pictures:

Sweaters don't keep you very warm once they are snow encrusted. This is on the covered porch. Malka is licking her lips getting off all the yummy snow. Mickey is praying to the door gods that they will soon open the door and release him from his pergatory.


Good thing we didn't have to drive anywhere right away. Did I mention that the wind blows across the driveway and most of the snow has blown off of it?



That blue line is the top edge of our pool.


This is the back door. It's two steps up to the back door, they are buried. That little red triangle next to the house is the top edge of the basement bilco doors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.