Psalm 23:4 - Pit Bull Translation

"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil:
for I am the baddest dog in the valley"

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Happy Holidays

A long time ago I was wished a Merry Christmas by everyone this time of year. I hate to admit it but it bothered me. I would be in the local Hallmark store and checking out with a box of Hanukkah candles and the clerk would wish me a Merry Christmas. Hello, are you blind or just so overwhelmed with the season that you didn't notice that I purchased HANUKKAH candles. Now a days I get Happy Holidays. Well I know there is a line a mile long of offended Christians who want to be wished a Merry Christmas. Well tough luck folks now you know how I felt all those years. The funny thing is now that I get wished a Happy Holiday most of the time it doesn't bother me one bit when someone wishes me a Merry Christmas. I just take it as it's meant, which is they want me to enjoy this holiday season. So Happy Hanukkah folks, and if you celebrate Christmas, Kwanza, EID, something else or nothing I hope you take it for what is meant, which is have a happy holiday season.

2 comments:

  1. Having once been that clerk (but in Clover not Hallmark), I can vouch that the "Enjoy your Holiday" I muttered back then was something purely on autopilot as I handed them their stapled-shut bags. Sad, but true.

    Working retail this time of year STINKS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admire your ability to work retail at any time of year, let alone the holidays.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.