Psalm 23:4 - Pit Bull Translation

"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil:
for I am the baddest dog in the valley"

Monday, January 23, 2012

One Year Later ( well almost )

I can't believe it's been almost a year since I've posted.


Last night I couldn't sleep. What used to be a normal occurrence, rarely occurs today. So since I did most of my writing late at night, while the world slumbered around me, it stands to reason that not much happens in my blogger world anymore.


But last night sleep eluded me. So much has happened in my world in the last year. So many changes, none of them recorded for posterity (probably a good thing in some cases). But last night I read back over some of my older posts and enjoyed some fond memories. I started thinking about how much pleasure I got out of this time sucker blog. Inflicting my random thoughts and irritations on my faithful readers, sharing some good times and some not so good.


Blogging about why I'm not blogging is stupid and a waste of everyones time so I'm moving on.


Here's just a quick update in the cast of characters who live in my world (man that sounds arrogant).


Rusty's Mom: Still a homeschooling mom, dog loving, EMT, vet tech. 110 lbs lighter food addict, recovering alcoholic (yeah, you read that right). It took me decades to admit it, but I've given up the fight. My addictions don't define me anymore, but I'm still trying to figure out who the real Rusty's Mom is, my journey continues.


The Engineer: Still the same old Type A, perfectionist. Without food to hide behind, some of his quirks irritate the hell out of me now, but hey, like I said it's all a journey.


The Scientist: Still scary smart. 13 years old and is studying for her college entrance exams. But still the consummate teenager. Oh boy, what blog fodder she has been.


The Vet: Social butterfly. Walks around all day with a cell phone in her hand, texting. Does anyone under the age of 21 actually talk on a phone?


Baseball Boy: Finally decided that learning to read might not be such a bad idea after all. Once he put his mind to it, wow Mom that was easy, what was all the fuss about. He hasn't played baseball in a few years but wants to again this spring. But he still loves the game so his name remains the same.


Mickey/Malka: A little older, a little wiser but still curled up sleeping next to each other on the couch.


Daisy: Hasn't cost me anymore large sums of money but it's only a matter of time since she decided that she wanted to be an indoor/outdoor cat. Makes me nervous every time she slips out the door.


Additional cast of characters: Chickens, snakes, fish and a bunny.


I don't have time for this, but it sure was fun. Figures.

5 comments:

  1. Yay! Nice to see you! Welcome back!

    Now maybe I should go update my blog. I think I promised pictures about 2 weeks ago...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad I popped in! I miss you terribly. That isn't meant to make you feel bad. I know you have a lot swirling around you, and I do too. We really need to find a bit of time to catch up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad I popped in! I miss you terribly. That isn't meant to make you feel bad. I know you have a lot swirling around you, and I do too. We really need to find a bit of time to catch up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad I popped in! I miss you terribly. That isn't meant to make you feel bad. I know you have a lot swirling around you, and I do too. We really need to find a bit of time to catch up.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.