Psalm 23:4 - Pit Bull Translation

"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil:
for I am the baddest dog in the valley"

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Honey I'm Home....

Did you miss me? I sure missed you guys. It may be hard for some of you to believe but I have been without a laptop for all this time. I had limited access to a PC off and on but nothing steady. I've had to weed through literally hundreds of emails in the last few days. I also learned a few things over these last few months...

1) I can live without email. In fact, I enjoyed not being a slave to the call of the ping.

2) Blogging rocks but it is a time sucker.

3) I missed my forums, instant access to information and I had a lot of overdue books at the library.

4) When you're saving your money for something you thought was so important and other things happen (a hole in our roof, 6 new tires on two cars in one week, and a car accident that totaled The Engineer's car) you realize what really is a priority in your life.

Some good blogging fodder has passed but I'm sure I'll get you caught up in the next few weeks but in the mean time let me give you a quick update..

My new laptop is Window's based. As much as I would of loved a MAC I just couldn't afford one. I'm happy just to be back to the 21st Century.

Speaking of 21st Century, I still don't have an I-Pod or a Kindle but I'd love one. They're next on my list.

I'm working full time again. With prices rising almost daily and The Engineer not getting a raise last year and not expected to get one for another two it was just getting too tight for comfort.

I had to give up volunteering at the vet's office. I hope to go back when the kids are a little older.

I did get a new cell phone with a QWERTY (did I spell that right?) keyboard. Texting has slowly crept into my life as a result.

OA update: I celebrated 10 months of abstinence on March 3rd and I've lost 76 lbs.

We've added additional critters....details to follow.

I survived another season as a Cookie Mom.

The Scientist, The Vet and Baseball Boy (who doesn't play baseball anymore) are growing like weeds.

Anyway folks, that's enough for now....time to get dinner started.

1 comment:

  1. 76 pounds!!!! Way to go!!!! I can't believe you're almost at one year with OA. Time is moving way too quickly.

    QWERTY texting ROCKS. I'm going to have to upgrade our Verizon plan before we're bankrupt.

    New critters! I'm green with envy. I think The Oracle is warming to the notion of a critter. He found Petfinder open last night and barely flinched. That might've been because a corgi was on the screen and not the Dane I was eyeing just before.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.